Forum Discussion

rrsimm
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

Install creating \.soapuios plugins directory on a network drive

For some reason, I cannot get the install to put the \.soapuios directory on my C drive.  It keeps trying to put it on drive M, and there are not sufficient rights there for it do start putting files there.  I have selected drive C for the install folder, and for the tutorials folder,  but it keeps going to M:\ for the plugins.  I even unmapped drive M, but I am assuming I have an environment variable tied to this drive somehow.  I'm installing the Windows 64 bit version of SoapUI 5.3.0.

12 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    I guess that .soapuios should be in user's home directory. So, is your home directory in "Drive M"?
      rrsimm
      Occasional Contributor

It's a network drive where my My Documents folder is stored.  However, the way it's set up, I have rights to My Documents, but not to the root.   I have been able to install this in the past, and it didn't go to drive M.  I now have a new computer, however my My Docs folder has always been on this drive. 

Most software puts its files in the folder that you select for installing the program, which I think would be the most reliable way to go.  Not sure if our environment changed, or the install changed how it's determining which drive to put this on, but I need to figure out a way around this.  Is this folder just plugins and can I manually install them someplace else and point to them?

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        I was not talking about Documents directory. It is about user home directory.