Forum Discussion

prajakta2500
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

I am facing problem while connecting MSSQL connection in Soapui free version.

I am facing problem while connecting MSSQL connection in Soapui free version. I need to fetch data from database table and use as request data for another request. On click on test connection showing error
"com.eviware.soapui.support.SoapUIException: Failed to init connection for driver [com.mysql.jdbc.Driver] " I am not understanding what needs to add as a Driver & Connection string. 
Attached my MSSQL login page as a screenshot. 
Kindly help me at the earliest.
  • Hi,

You need to get the MS SQL JDBC driver from the Microsoft site. I couldn't get the version 6 working in SoapUI, but version 4 worked perfectly.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54670

• Put the sqljdbc41.jar into your SoapUI folder under ./bin/ext (and restart SoapUI)
    • Since you're using SQL Server Login instead of Windows Authentication, you don't need the sqljdbc_auth.dll at all.
    • The driver name is
    com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
    • The connection string looks like:
    jdbc:sqlserver://myhost.mydomain.com:9999;username=apawar;password=mypass123

2 Replies

JHunt
    Community Hero

Hi,

You need to get the MS SQL JDBC driver from the Microsoft site. I couldn't get the version 6 working in SoapUI, but version 4 worked perfectly.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54670

• Put the sqljdbc41.jar into your SoapUI folder under ./bin/ext (and restart SoapUI)
    • Since you're using SQL Server Login instead of Windows Authentication, you don't need the sqljdbc_auth.dll at all.
    • The driver name is
    com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
    • The connection string looks like:
    jdbc:sqlserver://myhost.mydomain.com:9999;username=apawar;password=mypass123

prajakta2500
      Occasional Contributor

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestCase.setPropertyValue() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.Integer) values: [TransactionID, 557812] Possible solutions: setPropertyValue(java.lang.String, java.lang.String), getPropertyValue(java.lang.String) error at line: 20

Please refer screenshot for more details.