Forum Discussion

sathishchts15
8 years ago

How to run a rest projects without soapUi Software

Hi team,

i am working in Charles Hudson technology solutions in Bangalore  has a QA Tester, My Sr.Tech lead has given a task today 

we have to run Rest project without Soapui installation, please can you help me.

2 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    You need to provide more details about issue that you are facing.

It is not possible to comment more without having enough details.

When you say REST Projects, how are they build? how does they look? How do you currently test them? Why the question is posted in soapui forum when you do not want to use the software?
    rajpenumalli
    Occasional Contributor

Hi BVenkta,

What do you mean by " run a REST projects without SOAPUI Software"?

Do you mean running from command line(but for this you need to install SOAPUI)?

If you are looking for alternatives to SOAPUI bcoz of licensing cost, You can use SOAP UI Open source version,it is completely free.

But to use  SOAP UI Open source version you must be very good in  groovy scripting or basic java.

If you want still help in using open source mail me : rajendra.penumalli@gmail.com

or

If you are looking  some other tool,then you can use REST Assured,Java Opensource Test Framework for testing REST API's.

Also refer this thread:   https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-best-platform-tools-for-testing-a-REST-API

Thanks,

Rajendra