Hey guys, just faced also the prob with "handshake_failure".
For me it was due to a policy issue. soapui brings its own java environment, so for me it helped to actualize the policy in
with the policy files from:
hope that helped!
Install latest version 5.3.0 (open source) and it will resolve your issue. i also tried everything mentioned above but nothing worked.
I have SoapUI 5.3.0 and adding the line below to the vmoptions file worked for me! I can now communicate with a SOAP service running on a server that only has TLS 1.2 enabled.
The file I added setting to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.3.0\bin\SoapUI-5.3.0.vmoptions
Line I added to end of file.
If none of the above options works for you ( just like i was banging my head ) , give a try to the below link
kudos to the author and it makes perfect sense 🙂
My Mac OS installation does not appear to have a vmoptions.txt file. I don't see it anywhere. The product installed in a directory called \HermesJMS, and it's \bin directory does not have this file.
I can definitively say your suggestion resolved the issue for me (SoapUI 5.3.0, Windows 7 Enterprise x64 SP1). This is after more time wasted than I care to admit on numerous suggestions provided on various websites over the years.
Description of problem
Attempting to "Update Definition" by adding the WSDL via the hosted web service always resulted in a failure:
though I could download the WSDL and add manually, no problem. Once the WSDL was added, however, attempting to call any method resulted in an exception:
to "%PROGRAMFILES%\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.3.0\bin\SoapUI-5.3.0.vmoptions" resolved the issue completely -- I'm able to add/update the WSDL and invoke methods successfully.