cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control MockResponse added as a TestStep

Apoorva6
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to control MockResponse added as a TestStep

Well, I am not sure if I can achieve . my scenario is like this. I trigger requestA, then to requestB to get mockResponseB which I use, and then to requestC to get mockResponseC which I use. So how can I achive all this in one test case? I don't want to run mockResponseB and C separately as we are trying a regression suite. Trying to run mock service separately will increase complexity of test case. Please let me know if u are aware of alternative solution.
HeikoStudt
Occasional Contributor

You can set "Start Step" in MockResponse Properties. This should be RequestA.

This will start the mock before RequestA ist sent.

If you want to go sure, add a delay-teststep of 10 ms and set this as "Start Step". 🙂

BTW: You should setup a Timeout for a MockResponse as well, especially for Continuous Integration as your service may have a bug...

MFG
Heiko Studt

Apoorva6
Frequent Contributor

Hi Heiko Studt,

Thnx for Response. I tried within test case adding RequestA, mockResponseB test step followed by mockResponseC. For both mockResponseB and C test step, I added start step as RequestA. I was expecting when I start RequestA, that would start both mockResponseB and C , which did not happen. Once RequestA was submitted, only mockResponseB started listening like a normal flow. Adding Start Step did not make any difference here. Can you please let me know where I was wrong ?

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors