cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to compare only selected nodes xml data of jdbc response with my json response

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

How to compare only selected nodes xml data of jdbc response with my json response

Hi guys,

I am new in automation and soap ui open source. 

In one test step, I am getting json response. 

and in another test step, I am getting xml response.(by using jdbc sql)

Now, I want to compare some of the values of my json response with that of xml response.

How should I do it.

lets say, my json response contains id, roll no., name, password, address.

and in xml(response from running query), i have  reg_no, name

Now i want to match roll no and reg_no.

Please suggest me how to do it. If can be done through groovy script, then please how?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Hero

Thanks for the reply.

There is script created, can you try modifying it to your need. If you still have issue, post what you tried .
https://github.com/nmrao/soapUIGroovyScripts/blob/master/groovy/compare/JdbcAndJsonCompare.groovy

Regards,
Rao.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Hero

It appears that you are looking for comparing specific data. So without it (the sample data) it would be difficult imagine and suggest.

Regards,
Rao.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@nmrao sir, here is the sample data:--

response from jdbc :-----<Results><ResultSet fetchSize="0"><Row rowNumber="1"><CAT.ID>2</CAT.ID><CAT.ROLL_NO>100</CAT.ROLL_NO><CAT.NAME>Enid</CAT.NAME><CAT.PASSWORD>12345</CAT.PASSWORD><CAT.STATUS>1</CAT.STATUS></Row><Row rowNumber="2"><CAT.ID>9</CAT.ID><CAT.ROLL_NO>101</CAT.ROLL_NO><CAT.NAME>Alisha</CAT.NAME><CAT.PASSWORD>67891</CAT.PASSWORD><CAT.STATUS>1</CAT.STATUS></Row><Row rowNumber="3"><CAT.ID>15</CAT.ID><CAT.ROLL_NO>102</CAT.ROLL_NO><CAT.NAME>Dave</CAT.NAME><CAT.PASSWORD>45637</CAT.PASSWORD><CAT.STATUS>1</CAT.STATUS></Row></ResultSet></Results>

and json response of a web service is:--

{
"customer": [
{
"last_name": "jayswal",
"roll_num": "100",
"password": "85658",
"first_name": "Enid",
"email": "dk@gmail.com"
},
{
"last_name": "jayswal",
"photo": "105",
"roll_num": "85658",
"first_name": "shalin",
"email": "dk@gmail.com"

}
]
}

Now i want to compare  roll no. =100 is equal to any roll no. from the json response

Also, i am very new in automation. So, please enlighten me in detail regarding this query i posted. I shall be grateful to you.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Hero

Thanks for the reply.

There is script created, can you try modifying it to your need. If you still have issue, post what you tried .
https://github.com/nmrao/soapUIGroovyScripts/blob/master/groovy/compare/JdbcAndJsonCompare.groovy

Regards,
Rao.

View solution in original post

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors