Forum Discussion

falla1
New Contributor
9 years ago

How to change whether the test case or mock service handles request?

I have a web service (Service A) that is constantly pinging another service every x seconds (Soap_UI).

If Service A does not get a reply back, after x number of retries it shuts down.

My plan is to use a mock service in order to be returning these (empty) responses.

But I also need to test some end to end flow of Service A, which will require me to return different resposnes from SOAP UI. I am only wanting to achieve the end to end testing through mock responses in test cases in Soap_UI. However, when I am running the mock service and the test case response at the same time. The mock service is handling the request and returning an empty response.

Any ideas how I can get around this in a clean way?

Any help is much appreciated !!!

1 Reply

falla1
    New Contributor

I have a web service (Service A) that is constantly pinging another service every x seconds (Soap_UI).

If Service A does not get a reply back, after x number of retries it shuts down.

My plan is to use a mock service in order to be returning these (empty) responses.

But I also need to test some end to end flow of Service A, which will require me to return different resposnes from SOAP UI. I am only wanting to achieve the end to end testing through mock responses in test cases in Soap_UI. However, when I am running the mock service and the test case response at the same time. The mock service is handling the request and returning an empty response.

Any ideas how I can get around this in a clean way?

Any help is much appreciated !!!

Sorry, i posted on wrong board, and not sure how I can remove the post.