Contributor
Accepted Solution

How do we integrate soapUI test created using soap UI Free version

Hello team,

How do we  integrate and run soap UI tests as part of continuous Integration process ?

our Soap UI tests are created using SOAP UI free version .Can anyone outline steps ?

Community Leader

Re: How do we integrate soapUI test created using soap UI Free version

I have recently done that with Pro

Free version should be simpler

You will need to add a build step to use test runner which will run your tests

One catch you need to parse report using groovy

Then publish this report as for e.g. JUNIT in your post build step

Here is a link of what I did

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Pro/jenkins-cannot-find-license-server/m-p/146742#M33385

Highlighted
Community Hero

@nkpalli,

There are multiple ways to achieve the same.

• Using testrunner utility of SOAPUI. Call this utility from Jenkins
  • Using apache-ant, which internally calls testrunner of SoapUI. Call the respective target. You need to write the build scripts.
  • Using maven, there are plug-in available for free version.

You may have a look at this short demo

https://hub.docker.com/r/nmrao/soapui/

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks you folks for all your suggestions ! I opted to choose to integrate our existing soapUI tests (created using soap UI Free version)   and  to call test runner utility from Jenkins .

I followed these below  steps however job seems to never finish : I had to abort the job , Not sure how we can check if utility is getting called at this point ? Any advise is much appreciated . Let me know if i missed any configuration steps or not calling utility correctly via windows command line options

Downloaded jenkins locally -Jenkins ver. 2.76

Create a job in jenkins  and configured job to execute window command line option :

start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.2.1\bin\testrunner.bat" -sGetRenBatchesTestSuite -cGetRenbatches -r -a -f"C:\Program Files\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.2.1\bin\TestResults" -I C:\Users\xyzusername\GitHub\ren-api2\Tests\Automated_Test\GetRenBatches-soapui-project.xml

click build now on new job created 

Job never finished so aborted the job and  console output log shows as 

Started by user admin
Building in workspace C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\SoapUIAutomatedTests
[SoapUIAutomatedTests] $ cmd /c call C:\Windows\TEMP\jenkins2966446162621249649.bat

C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\SoapUIAutomatedTests>start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.2.1\bin\testrunner.bat" -sGetRenBatchesTestSuite -cGetRenbatches -r -a -f"C:\Program Files\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.2.1\bin\TestResults" -I C:\Users\xyzuser\GitHub\ren-api2\Tests\Automated_Test\GetRenBatches-soapui-project.xml
Build was aborted
Aborted by admin
Finished: ABORTED

Community Hero

Does the same command work form command line? what if you remove start in the command?
Contributor

[ Edited ]

when start gets removed .....i don't see the build running on the build exectutor status window  however build  still got executed and failed with this below message. I tried command line option and testrunner.bat is gettting called from commandline with no issues

Console Output
Started by user admin
Building in workspace C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\SoapUIAutomatedTests
[SoapUIAutomatedTests] $ cmd /c call C:\Windows\TEMP\jenkins3244711319342882945.bat

C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\SoapUIAutomatedTests>"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.2.1\bin\testrunner.bat" -sGetRenlBatchesTestSuite -cGetRenbatches -r -a -f"C:\Program Files\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.2.1\bin\TestResults" -I C:\Users\XYZuser\GitHub\ren-api2\Tests\Automated_Test\GetRenBatches-soapui-project.xml
The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\SoapUIAutomatedTests>exit 3
Build step 'Execute Windows batch command' marked build as failure
Finished: FAILURE

Community Leader

I have had testrunner running on jenkins build

The only difference I am using a pro version

open source should be not much different

Is that the correct location

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.2.1\bin\testrunner.bat"

Try your command using command line prompt

I usually do that before adding it to my jenkins build.

Contributor

Like i mentioned earlier in my post I was able to run using command line prompt  and also based on the log it is reading from correct location as highlightened in bold -"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.2.1\bin\testrunner.bat"

Console Output
Started by user admin
[SoapUIAutomatedTests] $ cmd /c call C:\Windows\TEMP\jenkins3244711319342882945.bat

C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\SoapUIAutomatedTests>"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.2.1\bin\testrunner.bat" -sGetRenlBatchesTestSuite -cGetRenbatches -r -a -f"C:\Program Files\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.2.1\bin\TestResults" -I C:\Users\XYZuser\GitHub\ren-api2\Tests\Automated_Test\GetRenBatches-soapui-project.xml
The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\SoapUIAutomatedTests>exit 3
Build step 'Execute Windows batch command' marked build as failure
Finished: FAILURE

Contributor

Turned out to be issue on my end . I was using incorrect arguments. Path location seemed to be incorrect as mentioned (I overlooked) . I was able to correct the path and it worked like a charm 

I appreciate all your suggestions and they were indeed helpful in trouble shooting issue