Forum Discussion

Akarui_Tomodach
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

How SoapUI could be interfaced with another Soap Client application ?

In our "current implementation", we have followings:

(see this figure: http://picasaweb.google.com/akarui.tomo ... 0002304002)

1) User generates a SOAP request destined for the WS
2) WS returns the responses to the application
3) No SoapUI involved between User and WS

In our plan, we like to do "Modified Implementation" as below:

(see "Modified Implementation" part of the above figure)

1) User will generate the SOAP request (as it was done before) destined for the WS
2) SoapUI will interface and receive the request and without any changes, it will forward to the WS
3) WS will send response
4) SoapUI will receive the response and modify some nodes of the response (e.g. error message node in the response)
5) SoapUI will send the response (after modification) to the user application

Questions:
How could I interface the Soap client application ? As I understand, SoapUI is itself a SOAP client, how it could interface with another SOAP client ?

Thanks.

5 Replies

brr7907
    Occasional Contributor
    What value does SoapUI add in this design?  It looks like the only thing SoapUI would do is manipulate a value in the response before sending it to the application.  It seems like XSLT within the application would make more sense to make the change to the XML data.

If you don't have access to the source code to inject XSLT directly you may want to create a small java application (or whatever else) that provides this translation service within a middle tier.

I hope this helps.
    Akarui_Tomodach
    Occasional Contributor
    brr7907 wrote:

I hope this helps.

No it didn't help.

I don't want any "Jargon" solution, rather wanted "how I could use SoapUI as a transit point for the response message". If you have any easy solution please let me know.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

Although I do spontaneously agree with brr7907 that using soapUI for this might be overkill, the way to do it would be as follows:

1) Change your internal app to listen on another port/ip etc..
    2) Set up a SOAP Monitor for your WSDL in soapUI, configure it as tcptunnel and set target to the new port/ip of the app and make sure that the SOAP Monitor is running on the public available port/ip (ie the one that your clients use)
    -> In this setup soapUI should work as a "pass-through" receiving/forwarding requests/responses to/from your previous service. Make sure that it is before moving on :-)
    3) To modify the response "on its way through" soapUI, you will have to use the "MonitorListener.afterProxy" event handler possibility (see http://www.soapui.org/userguide/project ... dlers.html) to modify the data returned to the client (I'm preparing a blog-post on this, stay tuned)

Hope this helps!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Thanks for your answer, but i need the more detail solutions like which BB or API i should use
    now i am tracing the standalone player source code to figure out and i found the api "SendMessageSingle" , but it is only use for mouse in the example code?
    could you tell me more about it
    thank you
    Akarui_Tomodach
    Occasional Contributor
    eviware support wrote:

Hope this helps!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com

Thanks Ole, I'll try your suggested solution.