Forum Discussion

selkind
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

Having troubles running a load test from a Groovy script

I'm trying to do a single load test that has two phases to the test.  To do this, I'm creating a separate "Master Test case" with a load test whose setup script invokes the load test from another test case, then executes a load test made up of the test case(s) within the "Master".

The script is below.  First I find the Test Suite object by navigating up the hierarchy, then navigate back down to get the load test I want.  Printing out the names shows I'm getting the right objects.

However, when I invoke the run method, that load test does not execute, and in fact the run method returns null.  (I was getting an exception trying to invoke the hasStopped() method, so I added the log statement on the Runner's name and now get "Tue Mar 16 14:31:17 EDT 2010:ERROR:An error occured [Cannot get property 'name' on null object], see error log for details" in the log).

Can anyone spot what I'm doing wrong here?

This is soapUI 3.5, downloaded yesterday.

Thanks in advance for any help.

masterLoadTest = loadTestRunner.loadTest
parentTestCase = masterLoadTest.parent
parentTestSuite = parentTestCase.parent
parentProject =  parentTestSuite.parent

log.info "----------------------"
log.info "masterLoadTest: " + masterLoadTest.name
log.info "parentTestCase: " + parentTestCase.name
log.info "parentTestSuite: " + parentTestSuite.name
log.info "parentProject: " + parentProject.name

warmUpTC = parentTestSuite.getTestCaseByName("SmallDoc FourStreamWarmup TC")
warmUpLT = warmUpTC.getLoadTestByName("FourStreamSmall Warmup LT")
log.info("Running warmup LT: " + warmUpLT.name)
stoMap = new StringToObjectMap()
warmUpLTRunner = warmUpLT.run(stoMap, false)
log.info warmUpLTRunner.name
while (!warmUpLTRunner.hasStopped()) {
java.io.Thread.sleep(1000)
}
log.info("Done with warmup")[/font:1tyzvnjv]

3 Replies

selkind
    Occasional Contributor
    After spending another couple or so hours browsing this forum, I caught a hint on a similar problem with a solution for running a test case, different from the others I'd seen.  Based on that, I was able to figure out another way to do this that works, but I have one question about that.

First, here's the load test setup script that successfully runs a warmup load from another test case, which creates a new WsdlLoadTestRunner object via a constructor, then calls start() on that:

import com.eviware.soapui.support.types.*
        import com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.*
        import com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.loadtest.*

setup_Testcase = loadTestRunner.loadTest.testCase.testSuite.testCases["SmallDoc   FourStreamWarmup TC"]
        WsdlLoadTest setup_LoadTest = setup_Testcase.loadTests["FourStreamSmall 30 sec Warmup LT"]
        WsdlLoadTestRunner runner = new WsdlLoadTestRunner(setup_LoadTest)
        log.info("Running warmup LT: " + setup_LoadTest.name)
        runner.start(true)
        runner.waitUntilFinished()

log.info("Done with warmup")[/font:15dsj7ew]

Here's the leadup to the question.  I first used runner.start(false)[/font:15dsj7ew], followed immediately by the log.info statement, figuring that the script would block until the started load test completed.  In fact what happened was as far as I could tell the called load test never ran, I never see the result of the log.info, and the load test containing this setup script started immediately at the point - i.e., apparently the setup script terminated at the point I called runner.start(false)[/font:15dsj7ew].

I then change to the async invocation of the child load test with runner.waitUntilFinished()[/font:15dsj7ew] after it as shown above, and now it all works.

The question is - why don't I see the child load test run and this script block if I use runner.start(false)[/font:15dsj7ew]?  I assume this is the designed behavior, I'd just like to understand it.
    selkind
    Occasional Contributor
    I'm having another issue with this.  I'd like to see the statistics start at zero every time I invoke runner.start().  However, the statistics accumulate from the time I start up soapUI, and every time I invoke this load test, with this setup script, the called load test's statistics resume where they left off the last time they ran.

Can anyone give me a hint as to how I'd get the statistics to reset before each load test invocation?
    grzehoo
    New Contributor
    Hi,

1)
    SmallDoc   FourStreamWarmup TC
    - is it Your request name in test steps?

2)
    FourStreamSmall 30 sec Warmup LT
    - is it Your load test name?