Forum Discussion

Yasar
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Groovy scripting - converting string property to integer while sending soap request by setProperty

Hi all,

I've created project level property for a node in soap request which is expecting an integer input, when i try to set that property with the desired value in groovy I'm getting below error. please kindly suggest a solution for this

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProject.setPropertyValue() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.Integer) values: [country_name, 123] Possible solutions: setPropertyValue(java.lang.String, java.lang.String), getPropertyValue(java.lang.String) error at line: 19

• Hi richie ,

I've found the mistake, i've created a test suite level property but I used setProperty method on project level property in my groovy script, below works fine

code change:

testRunner.testCase.testSuite.setPropertyValue("country_name",cin_value)

thanks a lot for ur precious time

5 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey Yasar,

Theres a couple of ways of doing this.

Can you provide your groovy please?

Ta

Rich
      Yasar
      New Contributor

Hi richie ,

Thanks for your reply,

PFB groovy script

import com.eviware.soapui.support.XmlHolder
      import com.eviware.soapui.support.GroovyUtils;
      import jxl.*
      import jxl.write.*

Workbook workbook1 = Workbook.getWorkbook(new File("E:\\Book11.xls"))

Sheet sheet1 = workbook1.getSheet(0) 
      size= sheet1.getRows().toInteger() 

WritableWorkbook workbook = Workbook.createWorkbook(new File("E:\\output.xls"))
      WritableSheet sheet = workbook.createSheet("Sheet1", 0)

for (def i=0;i<size;i++){
      def cin_id = sheet1.getCell(0,i)
      def cin_value = cin_id.getContents()

log.info(cin_value)

testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.setPropertyValue("id",cin_value.toInteger())

def tCase = testRunner.testCase.testSuite.testCases["CapitalTestCase"]
      def tStep = tCase.testSteps["Code11"]
      tStep.run(testRunner, context)

}

richie
        Community Hero
        Hey Yasar,

Have you tried moving the .toInteger() method outside the setProperty method?

E.g.

testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.setPropertyValue("id",cin_value).toInteger()

If that doesnt work and it should i believe if thats the only issue (although my groovy skills are poor), you could set to int type separately immediately after the setProperty command.

Try above and report back and i'll suggest the other option i know if above doesnt work, although i think this is correct relative to the error response you got.

Ta

Rich