Forum Discussion

aviwk
New Contributor
10 years ago

Getting Started with Groovy Workflow

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone know of a good video tutorial to get started with using SoapUI only using Groovy. Meaning, writing and creating all tests with Groovy, and then running them with a batch script.

I'm completely new to SoapUI, and google searches seem to only show using Groovy as a helper as part of tests which run and are created mostly through the GUI. Thanks.

7 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    What you mean by
    writing & creating all tests with Groovy.

You mean to say that run the tests without gui?
    aviwk
    New Contributor
    nmrao wrote:
    What you mean by
    writing & creating all tests with Groovy.

You mean to say that run the tests without gui?

Possibly. I want them to be automated and run by a program which spits out a report, that doesn't sit on my computer. If that's with or without the GUI isn't so important,but I want to be able to create the tests without the GUI if possible.

If it's not possible, please let me know what the limits are.
    nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    1. It is possible to execute the tests/soapui using ant or jenkins so you do not have to use UI.
    2. To create tests without UI, you may use soapui's API.
    aviwk
    New Contributor
    nmrao wrote:
    1. It is possible to execute the tests/soapui using ant or jenkins so you do not have to use UI.
    2. To create tests without UI, you may use soapui's API.

Thanks. Is this done by compiling a groovy jar/war or some other way?
    nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    For running tests in ant/jenkins, you would require to write ant scripts.
    To create tests using api, you may need to write code and create project. I would not think you need to create jar unless it is being created as a utility or something like that.
    How do you plan to do?
    aviwk
    New Contributor
    Currently, I'm trying to understand my options.

I want to find a way to get the other people on our team to use these tests with the least amount of friction as possible.
      nmrao
      Champion Level 3
      Simplest way in view would be to invoke the these tests using ant and it can be done using command line, and the same can be reused if you would like to go for continuous integration using jenkins as well.