Forum Discussion

nareshgholap
New Contributor
4 years ago

Getting Security error while testing web service using Soup UI

Hello,

I am testing a web service from Oracle Cloud Demo environment using Soup UI and I am getting security error as "FailedCheck : failure in security check" 

Attached more detailed screenshots. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Naresh

5 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey nareshgholap,

It appears youre getting the soap fault due to some issue with the security credentials defined.

If i were you id double check the security requirements for your soap request and update accordingly. Thats where i suspect the problem is....the tag/atteibute contents within the UsernameToken tag container. The username, password, nonce tag values need to be double checked against the requirements.

Ta

Rich
      nareshgholap
      New Contributor

richie 

Thanks for the reply. I rechecked all security requirements and retested, but I am getting same error.

I also tested with removing username token and timestamp, and it is giving me "401 unauthorized" error.

Thanks 

Naresh

richie
        Community Hero
        Hey nareshgholap,

The 401 generated once you removed some of the security creds is as expected.

I dont think soapui is behaving incorrectly. You mention an "oracle cloud demo". Can you supply a link to where you picked the demo up and i'll try and reproduce. I also want to read any of the additional detail regarding security for the soap service.

Just so youre aware. Lots of software vendors supply demo .wsdls but quite often the lose support or completely disappear so you might be able to download the wsdl that defines the demo webservice but when you try and hit it, you find problems, hence the reason id like to pull it onto my my laptop to double check.

If youre just trying to become familiar with using soapui for a soap service it might be advisable to try a different wsdl

Ta

Rich