Forum Discussion

jedbartlet
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

Fork off Groovy threads in Load test.

Hi all!
I will start off to give a litte description of what I want to achieve:
Im using SoapUI to simulate load testing. I can use for example X nr of threads to initiate a login requests towards our server. Im able to do this in SoapUI
In our real application the client(which Im trying to simulate) starts to POLL the server for a limited period of time after the intial Login Request, obviously generating tons of load against the server.
Im simply adding a Groovy step, using the "Poll Request". However this blocks the thread that initiated the Login request, but I actually want that thread to move on to a new Login request, while the polling thread
keeps hammering the server for some time. I was not able to fork off a thread in groovy, without joinin it against the main thread.

Is there any way to do this?

So say I use 10 thread to fire a Login Request. Then for each reach I want to spawn new thread hammering the Poll Request, while initial thread immedieatly moves on the generate a new Login Request.
Practically speaking, the number of threads that generates the POLL traffic will increase over time, and can be more than the 10 threads generating the LOGIN requests.

I hope my desciption makes sense to you.

Best Regards
Bartlet
No RepliesBe the first to reply