Forum Discussion

m_felsch
New Contributor
17 years ago

Execute all Teststeps of the Testcase with Testrunner on the command line

Hi,

I have in my soapui project one testsuite with several testcases. Under each testcase I made several teststeps which are all from the type "Test Request". Each teststep creates a SOAP Requests and checks the results with some assertions.

testsuite
    - testcase
                - teststep 1
                - teststep 2
                - teststep n

I want to do an automated test over the console with the testrunner.bat. When I use the command as described in the docu testrunner.bat -j -fg:\\reports g:\\projects\\sample-soapui-project.xml only the first teststept is executed.

Has anyone of you an idea how I can call all Teststeps of my Testcase over the commandline with testrunner.bat?

Thanks in Advance
martin

5 Replies

• Hi ,

I hope you can try with the options -c (Test case) and -s (testsuite) option.

Hope that helps..
    m_felsch
    New Contributor
    thanks for the hint. but its still only the first teststep which is executed.

Has anyone futher ideas for that problem?
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

sounds strange, are your assertions maybe failing in the first step? Can you show the entire output of the testrunner?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    m_felsch
    New Contributor
    Hi,

I have tried it again. In the first teststep the assertion is failing. Is there a possibility to execute all teststeps of a testcase doesn't matter if the assertion is failing or if its ok?

Thanks
    martin
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Martin,

yes, there is an option for this in the TestCase Options dialog called "Abort on Error"; uncheck this option to make soapUI ignore failed assertions.

Hope this helps!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com