Forum Discussion

vineetmg
New Contributor
11 years ago

Error when I try to install SoapUI

Hi!

I keep getting an error when I try to install SoupUI. It says:

An internal error occurred (error code: 34)
Log: C:\Users\John Smith\AppData\Local\Temp\i4j_nlog_11

One additional piece of information, I don't see any folder called AppData under the John Smith user directory. I don't know if that makes a difference. Thank you!!!

10 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Not sure probably that might be used by installer and write some data temporarily.
    What version of soapui you were trying?
    Are you using right installer as per your os architechture(data bit length)? what is the os?
    Have you checked in the system event logs to see what is causing this?
    Hope the download is not corrupted. May be try downloading again if the problem persists with existing installer you have.

Here is the windows error codes and messages
    http://en.kioskea.net/faq/2347-error-codes-in-windows
    vineetmg
    New Contributor
    Oh, good, I'm glad you found a solution! But what do you mean "download a new distribution"? Please, please explain. Thanks again!
    vineetmg
    New Contributor
    SmartBear Support wrote:
    Yep, looks like an installer error (install4j). Found a similar issue in LoadUI (http://www.loadui.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17700)

As there, try to download a new distribution.

Michael Giller
    SmartBear Software

Hey, thanks so much for your post! I went to the link and read it but I didn't really understand. I am trying to download Soupui so I can learn it at home for my job (I had the Pro version on my home computer but it expired). Is there a simple way I can get this software so I can practice and learn how to use it at home? Time is a factor. Thank you a million times for all your time and help!
    vineetmg
    New Contributor
    I just wanted to drop you a line and say that I downloaded it and it's working great! Thanks so much!
    -vineet
    nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Glad to know and thank you for taking time to say issue is resolved.
  • I have the same described error with 4.6.4 and 4.6.3 - just downloaded from sourceforge (x64 and x32 - both the same).

i now use 4.5.1. but am not happy with that.

what could be the issue?

regards

etienne
  • Hi,

Assuming you are using windows, when you try to install SoapUI are you installing as an administrator?
    Martkik29
    New Contributor
    vineetmg wrote:
    Hi!

I keep getting an error when I try to install SoupUI. It says:

An internal error occurred (error code: 34)
    Log: C:\Users\John Smith\AppData\Local\Temp\i4j_nlog_11

One additional piece of information, I don't see any folder called AppData under the John Smith user directory. I don't know if that makes a difference. Thank you!!!

Please House am Having the Same Error. How do i resolve this.

THanks