Forum Discussion

eliasen
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

Error importing wsdl

Hi all

I am trying to use SoapUI for the first time. I have created a project, and am trying to "Add WSDL" in order to test a web service that I need to call in a project I am on.

Now, when I enter the path to the web serviceI get a message box stating:
com.eviware.soapui.support.SoapUIException: Error importing wsdl

Nothing more is written, which makes it hard to find the error. Can I turn on some logging, or in any way get a better error description so I know what to look for?

Thanks.

9 Replies

eliasen
    Occasional Contributor
    Right - hadn't noticed the "soapUI log" and "error log" at the bottom right. So, this is the information from the soapUI log:

Tue Jan 26 10:28:44 CET 2010:ERROR:Loading of definition failed for [REPLACED_BY_ELIASEN/ValidateUserWS?WSDL]; javax.wsdl.WSDLException: WSDLException (at /definitions/types/ns0:schema): faultCode=INVALID_WSDL: Encountered illegal extension element '{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/}schema' in the context of a 'javax.wsdl.Types'. Extension elements must be in a namespace other than WSDL's.
    Tue Jan 26 10:28:44 CET 2010:ERROR:An error occured [WSDLException (at /definitions/types/ns0:schema): faultCode=INVALID_WSDL: Encountered illegal extension element '{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/}schema' in the context of a 'javax.wsdl.Types'. Extension elements must be in a namespace other than WSDL's.], see error log for details
    Tue Jan 26 10:28:44 CET 2010:ERROR:Error importing wsdl: java.lang.Exception: javax.wsdl.WSDLException: WSDLException (at /definitions/types/ns0:schema): faultCode=INVALID_WSDL: Encountered illegal extension element '{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/}schema' in the context of a 'javax.wsdl.Types'. Extension elements must be in a namespace other than WSDL's.
    Tue Jan 26 10:28:44 CET 2010:ERROR:An error occured [javax.wsdl.WSDLException: WSDLException (at /definitions/types/ns0:schema): faultCode=INVALID_WSDL: Encountered illegal extension element '{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/}schema' in the context of a 'javax.wsdl.Types'. Extension elements must be in a namespace other than WSDL's.], see error log for details
    Tue Jan 26 10:28:44 CET 2010:ERROR:An error occured [Error importing wsdl], see error log for details

and this is the error from the error log:

Tue Jan 26 10:28:44 CET 2010:ERROR:com.eviware.soapui.support.SoapUIException: Error importing wsdl
      com.eviware.soapui.support.SoapUIException: Error importing wsdl
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.WsdlInterfaceFactory.importWsdl(WsdlInterfaceFactory.java:79)
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.WsdlInterfaceFactory.importWsdl(WsdlInterfaceFactory.java:55)
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.actions.project.AddWsdlAction.importWsdl(AddWsdlAction.java:127)
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.actions.project.AddWsdlAction.perform(AddWsdlAction.java:105)
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.actions.project.AddWsdlAction.perform(AddWsdlAction.java:55)
      at com.eviware.soapui.support.action.swing.SwingActionDelegate.actionPerformed(SwingActionDelegate.java:101)
      at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
      at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
      at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
      at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
      at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
      at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
      at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
      at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
      Caused by: java.lang.Exception: javax.wsdl.WSDLException: WSDLException (at /definitions/types/ns0:schema): faultCode=INVALID_WSDL: Encountered illegal extension element '{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/}schema' in the context of a 'javax.wsdl.Types'. Extension elements must be in a namespace other than WSDL's.
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.AbstractDefinitionContext.load(AbstractDefinitionContext.java:157)
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wsdl.WsdlImporter.importWsdl(WsdlImporter.java:82)
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.WsdlInterfaceFactory.importWsdl(WsdlInterfaceFactory.java:73)
      ... 32 more
      Caused by: javax.wsdl.WSDLException: WSDLException (at /definitions/types/ns0:schema): faultCode=INVALID_WSDL: Encountered illegal extension element '{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/}schema' in the context of a 'javax.wsdl.Types'. Extension elements must be in a namespace other than WSDL's.
      at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseExtensibilityElement(Unknown Source)
      at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseTypes(Unknown Source)
      at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseDefinitions(Unknown Source)
      at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wsdl.WsdlInterfaceDefinition.load(WsdlInterfaceDefinition.java:47)
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wsdl.WsdlContext.loadDefinition(WsdlContext.java:66)
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wsdl.WsdlContext.loadDefinition(WsdlContext.java:30)
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.AbstractDefinitionContext.cacheDefinition(AbstractDefinitionContext.java:264)
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.AbstractDefinitionContext.access$400(AbstractDefinitionContext.java:44)
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.AbstractDefinitionContext$Loader.construct(AbstractDefinitionContext.java:230)
      at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorkerDelegator.construct(SwingWorkerDelegator.java:46)
      at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:140)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any help?

Thanks!
    eliasen
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi

As a matter of fact, I did solve it, but I am having trouble remembering how. I seem to recall that the wsdl was simply faulty. I downloaded the wsdl and changed some element to not have a namespace prefix and tried again, and I seem to remember that it worked.

Anyway, we have later on moved to another web service which is generated from a newer version of JDeveloper which doesn't create faulty wsdl files.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

--
    eliasen
    techyes
    New Contributor
    Hello! Please help! I am getting an error when attempting to Add WSDL. I have 3 wsdl's to test. I love your app and I really want this to work!
    Thank you
    Error mssg: com.eviware.soapui.support.SoapUIException:Error importing wsdl

error log:
    Fri Sep 03 12:00:28 PDT 2010:ERROR:org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error: Unexpected character encountered (lex state 3): '&'
    Fri Sep 03 12:00:28 PDT 2010:ERROR:java.lang.Exception: org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error: Unexpected character encountered (lex state 3): '&'

NEW ERROR - I cleared all proxy settings and unchecked Add Authentication and now I get this error:
    Fri Sep 03 15:50:48 PDT 2010:ERROR:org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error: Reference to undefined entity: nbsp
    org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error: Reference to undefined entity: nbsp
    at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale$SaxLoader.load(Locale.java:3486)
    at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.parseToXmlObject(Locale.java:1276)
    at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.parseToXmlObject(Locale.java:1263)
    at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderBase.parse(SchemaTypeLoaderBase.java:345)
    at org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlObject$Factory.parse(XmlObject.java:722)

You must log in to be able to access the wsdl on our site. Am I having an authentication problem? Is there a help file or doc you could direct me to re: setting up authentication PRIOR to adding a wsdl?
    I really need this to work and appreciate any help. thx
      romercepeda
      Occasional Visitor

Hi, I can resolve it,

download the wsdl

Remove the label <document> and the content..

Ready..

gwerner

Ok the error by me was:

portType was written porttype 

and

targetNamespace was written targetnamespace

I correct it to the camelCase Version. 

• I cannot import a wsdl in Soap UI 3.6.1 too on a windows 7 x64 system. It's working all good with soapUI 2.5 and Win XP..... what's wrong?
    craghopper
    New Contributor
    I too have Windows 7 64-bit. I have been using the standalone soapUI desktop application (v3.5) for some time now with no problems. Today I installed the soapUI Eclipse plugin (v3.6.1) and it gives the following error when I try to import a wsdl:

com.eviware.soapui.support.SoapUIException error importing wsdl

The underlying problem appears to be

java.lang.Exception: java.io.CharConversionException: Malformed UTF-8 character: 0xfc 0x68 0x72 0x74

Not sure why the plugin v3.6.1 is balking at the same wsdl that standalone v3.5 imports with no problem. Perhaps the newer version has a bug.
      ashoksingh

I had the same problem and to resolve this I have  removed "&" .

Try to remove all "&" from WSDL