Forum Discussion

Sheel
New Contributor
16 years ago

Error getting response;

Hello,

I have been running soapUI Pro 2.5.1 for 3 days, but today, I started receiving a message whenever I would try to run one of my web services:

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Connection: close
Server: Jetty(6.1.x)

As I stated, this just started occurring today (it was working up until a few hours ago as well).

I have tried recreating the project, going to the same WSDL, but it didn't work. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sheel Shah

7 Replies

kponnan
    Occasional Contributor
    I have encountered a similar problem.  I receive an empty XML response with a message saying that HTTP Version is not supported.  When I try to send a request to the sample mock service I receive a message identical to yours.  I had posted my error on this forum - that was before I saw your post.  Anyway, it seems that we have both encountered similar problems.  I am using the 'free' soapUI and not the Pro version.
    Sheel
    New Contributor
    I believe I have gotten past the issue. I think it is caused when I attempt to configure TCPMon or SOAP Monitor to capture any responses/errors/etc. To resolve it, I have to delete the default-soapui-workspace.xml and soapui-settings.xml files and open up soapUI again.

However, this doesn't resolve my problem that I want to be able to capture messages from the SOAP web services when running a load test, to see where it could be failing when I place a load on it. Any ideas as to what could be causing that? (P.S. I am using the 2.5.1 Pro version)

Thanks,
    Sheel Shah
  • I have come across this before and based on one of the posts by Lars, it seems there is issue with soapUI 2.5.1 in saving Preferences. If you are using soapUI 2.5.1 Pro ( I guess you will come across this in non Pro version as well ). The issue is this:

1. It is possible that you opened up the Preferences and saved preferences. Even if you don't save the preferences shall change for that run of soapUI.
    2. You will wonder- What happens when you change preferences - well, there is property on HTTP Pref tab that assigns HTTP Version for all soap requests, it seems that property is by default assigned to 0.9 in soapUI 2.5.1. So when you change preferences this property which would have been 1.1 for you earlier gets changed to 0.9 and all your requests start failing.
    3. You can change this property explicitly to 1.1 and save prefs and your problem is solved.
    4. I chose the option not to use soapUI 2.5.1 till any of major bugs are resolved as I think 2.5 is pretty stable. Its upto you what option you guys choose.

btw, I am not soapUI support person. I am one of you guys using the product. However, thought since I have come across this before that I shall share this with you in case it saves you any trouble.

hope that helps,
    Sachin
    kponnan
    Occasional Contributor
    Sachin,

Your solution fixed my problem!   

I think I will use version 2.5 instead of 2.5.1.

Sheel - Sachin's solution also worked for the "400 Bad Request" error.  Hopefully your problem is solved.

Thanks!
    Sheel
    New Contributor
    Good Morning Sachin and kponnan,

This does appear to have solved my problem as well! I will continue to use 2.5.1 Pro, but I will make sure to double-check my HTTP version when I open up soapUI.

Thanks for your help Sachin!
    Sheel
  • Cool,

I am glad it did. It then confirms the issue.

Ole/Lars,

If you guys are reading this post, could you please declare this problem on the page where people download (and start using 2.5.1) or whatever way you could depending on your process.  Because this can be really frustrating for someone totally new trying to use soapUI by downloading latest "stable" version.

Thanks,
    Sachin
    jamithj
    New Contributor
    Hi Sachin

I came across the same problem and your solution worked for me.

Thank you very much

Best Regards
    Jamith