cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error getting response; javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Connection has been shutdown

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Error getting response; javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Connection has been shutdown

I get following error message, when I try to send big sized files. Same request is ok, when file attachment is a smaller file. I already set socket timeout and max response time to 180000 ms, but got same error.

Error getting response; javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Connection has been shutdown: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Error getting response; javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Connection has been shutdown

Hi,

This looks like a server-side error and nothing to do with SoapUI.  You'd probably come across the same issue using Postman, Java, Python etc.

Is the API yours?

Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: Error getting response; javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Connection has been shutdown

hey @plaidshirt 

yeah agree with @ChrisA 

if you have access to the remote endpoint Id suggest looking at the app server/http logs as there's likely to be an indicator as to what the problem is in these

ta

rich

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors