Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Dynamic load the client certificate generated at the runtime

Fellows,

I had a test case to generate a keystore file using groovy script, and then use that file for client certificate authentication in the following requests/REST API calls. However, I find SoapUI does not pick up the keystore file generated at the runtime. So far I only find a manual workaround to tweak it. Is there any way to force SoapUI to pick up the keystore generated in the run time?

Here is what I am doing:

1) Configure SSL reference for my SoapUI (SoapUI->SSL Settings->KeyStore = 'C:/keystore.file')
2) Run the test step to generate a keystore file using groovy script (it will send certificate signing request, download sign certificate from my server, and generate keystore with the certificate and key files, and save it as C:/keystore.file )
3) Run the test step to make REST API call, which is supposed to use the keystore file generated in above step for client certificate authentication

As I said, SoapUI does not pick up the keystore file generated at the runtime, so test step fails. The manual workaround I am using is, change my SoapUI SSL reference to point KeyStore to another file (e.g C:/keystore.file2), then point back to C:/keystore.file. At this time SoapUI will pick up the keystore file.

To make my test case completely automated, I need to remove this manual workaround. How to force SoapUI to pick up/load the keystore generated in the runtime? Is there cahce or something? Any setting or command to achieve it? Thank you!

Regards,
Trevor
No RepliesBe the first to reply