Forum Discussion

alesky
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

Develop a custom Test Step integrated in SOAPUI

Hello all

i'm using SoapUi opensource 5.3

i'm try to implement a custom step to perfom same FTP operation as part of my step a test case

i have already implemented the step as a groovy script, but now i would like to implement it has a step present in the soapui user inerface. (right click on Test steps >  add step > My ftp step )

browsing on internet I found that was possible wiht the previous version of SoapUI (4.x)

but for the new version still i didn't found any valid documentation to follow to start up same development

is there sameone of you that can help my to find same valid documents

8 Replies

05ten
    Contributor
    Yup, it's definitely doable.

Feel free to fork my flow-soapui-plugin or vault-soapui-plugin if you want somewhere to start. The vault one is a little more gui heavy and adds integration with https://vaultproject.io if you want examples on more extensive gui bindings and teststeps that create testproperties.

Feel free to reach out on github or here should you need any assistance. :)

I'm happy to help.
      alesky
      Occasional Contributor

hello 05ten

we tryed to instal your plugin under SoapUI opensource under 5.1.x version

in the way to skip the signing procedure

but the plugin is not installed, i mean it is not added in the UI interface..

any advice on the way to debug it at example how to verify if soapUI try to load the plugin during the startup phase

thank you

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

alesky,

Not sure what link you have referred. Try to see if this documentation is helpful.

Recently 05ten has developed & released a plugin for Repeat Steps and the same is available @ github

I believe that should be a good start for you to refer and post your updates or issues so that someone can offer help.

Good luck.

05ten
    Contributor
    Run soapui using the /bin/soapui.bat and show us the printout. It will show you why the plugin hasn't loaded if it fails. :)
      alesky
      Occasional Contributor

is it the plugin installation folder alway under  <user>\.soapuios\plugins for 5.1.x as for 5.3

I noted that 5.3 created automatically the folder during the installation process, then there the plugins is recnoized...

in the log we have the issue related to the sign of the jar (that is ok, as espected)

instead in the other machine where we installed 5.1.x the folder was missing then we created it manually

the path <user>\.soapuios\plugins

we will have a look on the console output launching by .bat

05ten
    Contributor
    Not entirely sure which version introduces plugins. But I know that 5.0.0 does not have it, so it's pretty recent. Could be that the 5.1.x version you have doesn't sport the new plugin framework yet. If the folder is not created then I'm guessing that's the case.

So an upgrade might be in order to not have to use the old, and very clunky, plugin framework.