Forum Discussion

Desmond_Cassidy
Contributor
17 years ago

DataSource flexibility for types such as boolean

Anybody have any idea how I would load e.g. a boolean from a Data Source such as an Excel file into a Test Request. String types and Integer Types are no problem to load obviously but booleans and dates and enumerators are proving a problem.

Cheers,

Desmond

4 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi,

exactly what problems are you having? Can you give a concrete example?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Hi Ole,
    I have a WCF DataContract which accepts strings, booleans, dates and enumerations. I wanted to create an Excel sheet with values which could be read as a DataSource and passed into e.g a Create Request...quite simple really....Now I can read the values with the DataSource but in the SoapUI when I want to specify the property for that boolean IN THE REQUEST  there doesn't seem to be a way of doing this...The form doesn't have the right click to GetData....for those dataTypes...

Regards,

Desmond.
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi,

Thanks for clarifying. You are correct, the form editor does not support the GetData option for all types of elements/attributes. For now you will have to switch to either the XML source or Outline editor and use the GetData popup menu there instead to insert the correct propert-expansions.

Sorry for the inconvenience, this will be fixed in a coming version.

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Ole....Many many thanks...now I'm well on the road...though I have a few questions which I'll raise in a different topic...

Cheers,

Desmond.