Forum Discussion

Jim_Cusack
Contributor
15 years ago

DataSource Step in SOAPUI Pro 3.0

I am receiving a java Null Pointer exception using a DataSource step that utilizes property expansion. The same step works fine in SOAPUI Pro 2.0.2 and the word 'replacement' shows up in the exception pop-up.

What might be causing this error??!!

5 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Jim,

hmm.. are you getting any errors in the error log that you can attach here? Have you tried the 3.0.1 release?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • I think I found the issue - the 3.0 release has a 'password' field that I was passing in the connection string in version 2.0.2

I guess I will just have to update all my test cases that have DataSource steps and add the password for the JDBC connection.

SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi Jim,

could you just check 3.0.1? We made some improvements in this regard, you shouldn't be forced to update all your testcases.

If 3.0.1 doesn't help, can you give a little more details so I can try to fix this in the upcoming nightly build?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • I upgraded to version 3.0.1 and the JDBC connections work without filling in the Password field.

I noticed that you can now create project level JDBC connections, how would I reference those in a new test case?

Thanks!

SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi Jim,

Both the DataSource and DataSink TestSteps now have a new "Data Connection" option which uses a project-level connection instead of a "local" one.

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com