Forum Discussion

ohaya
Contributor
7 years ago

Conditionally run test suite, test case, and test steps (SOAPUI)

Hi,

We are using SOAPUI (not SOAPUI Pro), and have 4 different environments (e.g., development, testing, etc.).

We have structured our SOAPUI tests as one test suite for each environment, e.g, testsuite-for-env1, etc.

We basically have 5 different test cases, and in each environment, we need to execute from 3-5 of the test cases. e.g.:

testsuite-for-env1 - test cases 1, 2, and 3

testsuite-for-env2 - test cases 1, 2, 3, and 4

testsuite-for-env3 - test cases 1, 2, 3, and 4

testsuite-for-env4 - test cases 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5

The test case 4 for testsuite-for-env2 and testsuite-for-env3 has only 8 test steps, but the testsuite-for-env4 has 52 test steps (which are different from the test steps in testsuite-for-env2 and testsuite-for-env3.

Right now, we kind of maintain each of the test suites kind of independently, and when we test in a given environment, we just run the test suite for the associated environment, but I've been asked to try to try to re-organize all of this so that we have just one test suite, and we can control which test suite is run, by setting some properties.

As I said, we are using SOAPUI, so we don't have access to functionality that SOAPUI Pro might have.

I have used SOAPUI kind intermittently, and am back at it again for this project, so I am a bit "rusty", but I was wondering if if, with just SOAPUI, is it going to be possible to accomplish what I described above, and, if so, can you all provide some hits/suggestions with how to proceed?

Thanks, and I hope that I've described what we have and what we are trying to do.  If not, please let me know and I will try to clarify.

Thanks,

Jim

No RepliesBe the first to reply