Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class Cast error in first try

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Class Cast error in first try

Hi everybody,
i was trying to send my first SOAP request against one of my servers and received a class cast error.

There are two issues combined:

1. I did not find a way to copy the error message or find out where or how the exception was thrown.

2. getting such an error when trying to get a first impression of a new tool is quite disappointing.

The error message I can see shows:

"java-lang.ClassCastException: com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.transports.http.support.methods.ExtendedGetMethod cannot be cast to com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit..transports.http.support.methods.Ex

What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Alex99,

the hint with the logs being available in the bottom area of the window was very helpful, although I did find it myself in the meantime.

I suppose there is not a solution to the class cast error, as the problem is, that an unexpected result is returned after the call.
Nevertheless throwing an exception in such a case is not a very helpful way of handling the situation.

So please consider the cas as closed.

Regards, Michael

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Contributor

Could you elaborate a bit more about the request, e.g. show how and what you requested.

There is also, if you are using SoapUI, an error log, alongside a lot of other logs, see the bottom of the window.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Alex99,

the hint with the logs being available in the bottom area of the window was very helpful, although I did find it myself in the meantime.

I suppose there is not a solution to the class cast error, as the problem is, that an unexpected result is returned after the call.
Nevertheless throwing an exception in such a case is not a very helpful way of handling the situation.

So please consider the cas as closed.

Regards, Michael

View solution in original post

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors