Forum Discussion

sravanthithatik
New Contributor
6 years ago

Can we clone one test case to multiple test cases using SOAPUI PRO

We have a requirement where one test case is created and we need to clone the same test case. So, that we can run all the test cases simultaneously for load testing. 

At present I can only create one copy of test case using clone test case approach and setting the test suite properties to run the test cases parallel to satisfy the load testing requirement.

The above approach works as expected but only challenge we face we can only create one copy of test case once, if we want to create 500 copies then we need to perform the clone step 500 which is not user feasible.

Can you please provide me the step, so that I can clone the test case to as many required number of copies and run the test suite test cases parallel.

Thanks and Regards,

Sravanthi.

3 Replies

• If you are needing it to run a load test with 500 instances then why not have one test case for 500 virtual users/threads. Would this not accomplish the same goal? Having that many test cases might get a little messy.

sravanthithatik
      New Contributor

Thanks for your response.

Creating 500 virtual users, can you please elaborate more on this. If possible can you please provide the steps needed to achieve it.

Thanks.

• Given your response I can only assume you do not have a license for LoadUI. Without a license you can only create 10 virtual users. Your other option is to get familiar with JMeter which is an open source load tool.