Forum Discussion

puce
New Contributor
8 years ago

Bug: soapui-maven-plugin:5.2.1 + IBM JDK 1.7: Could not find artifact javafx:jfxrt:jar:2.2

For some reasong soapui-maven-plugin:5.2.1 looks for JavaFX (why?). AFAIK, the IBM JDK does not ship JavaFX, however.

I'm getting the error:

Execution soapUI-tests of goal com.smartbear.soapui:soapui-maven-plugin:5.2.1:test failed: Plugin com.smartbear.soapui:soapui-maven-plugin:5.2.1 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact javafx:jfxrt:jar:2.2 at specified path [...]

It works with version 4.6.1, but then I'm getting the following warning:

Project 'application' is from a newer version (5.2.1) of SoapUI than this (4.6.1) and parts of it may be incompatible or incorrect. Saving this project with this version of SoapUI may cause it to function differently.

Please also note that it's not very clear from the documentation which version we should use: https://www.soapui.org/test-automation/maven/maven-2-x.html

3 Replies

rupert_anderson
    Valued Contributor

Hi,

I think the jfxrt / JavaFX is required to enable part of the OAuth 2 support, maybe the part that opens a browser to obtain a refresh token.  

I think you have to use the Oracle JDK - I'm not sure if this is written anywhere. I had the same jfxrt error when using Open JDK on Ubuntu, I chose to get the Oracle JDK to solve it, but I guess you could remove the depency instead if you don't need the OAuth functionality. I expect 4.6.1 predates the OAuth2 support.

Regards,

Rupert