Forum Discussion

bojasna
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Body request parameters not being created after Swagger definition import

Hi,

I'm trying to import a Swagger 2.0 definition to SoapUI, but after doing so the request parameters aren't automatically generating, defeating the purpose of the import.

I've also tried to import the example petstore swagger file and even there the body in the post calls is empty even though I can see that there is content when I check the swagger file in the swagger editor.

Am I missing something? I have installed the plugins (I believe the latest ones) and I believe the version of the swagger file is correct since it doesn't allow me to import the 3.0.

Also I tried importing collections from Postman and in case I have an attribute defined like this:

"Expected_Product_Duration": "<hh:mm:ss>"

It doesn't import the body request parameters unless we delete the <>. This is not that such of an issue I just thought it would be nice to mention it in case other people encounter the same.

Thanks,

Bojana

PS I found this topic but I don't see how it was resolved, if it was resolved at all: https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Pro/Body-request-parameters-not-being-created-after-Swagger/td-p/152271

• Open source edition does not generate the requests like it does for SOAP services.

3 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Open source edition does not generate the requests like it does for SOAP services.
      bojasna
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Rao,

Tnx for the reply. Do you know if the Pro version allows proper generation of the requests when importing a swagger file?

Cheers,

Bojana

nmrao
        Champion Level 3

Have not used personally. I believe, it does.
        You can do a trial if you wish.