Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new methods to an existing web.api testsuite

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Adding new methods to an existing web.api testsuite

hi,

is it possible to add new methods to an existing web.api testsuite?

The initial import worked fine, i have already set up several test case... Now my colleagues changed/added something -> a new method.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Adding new methods to an existing web.api testsuite

@richie

thx for replying. can you give me a hint, how i can do it manually?

-------

Update:

Reimporting the whole definition... creating an new testsuite out of the new import -> than via drag and drop... worked pretty fine, if you know how.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Hero

Hey @stefan_black,

There are 'Update Definition' and 'Refactor Definition' functions available in ReadyAPI! (SoapUI Pro), however ive just checked the Smartbear help and it indicates this functionality (which does what you need) isnt available in the freeware SoapUI.

So unless someone else has a spiffy way of doing the API updates i think you might have to it manually.

Cheers,

Rich
if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta
Highlighted
New Contributor

@richie

thx for replying. can you give me a hint, how i can do it manually?

-------

Update:

Reimporting the whole definition... creating an new testsuite out of the new import -> than via drag and drop... worked pretty fine, if you know how.

View solution in original post

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors