cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020-06-22 11:16:10 - Error getting response; java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Name must not be n

Highlighted
New Contributor

2020-06-22 11:16:10 - Error getting response; java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Name must not be n

I am getting ths exception when i do the below steps.

I newly created new REST project 

Created NEw Tst Suite,Test case and Test Step

I have added New POST Request and passed the Headers and Req Body 

When I am executing this new Test Step I am egtting this exception ..

Please Suggest 

I am new to this SOAP UI

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Leader

Re: 2020-06-22 11:16:10 - Error getting response; java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Name must not

@ravinchdba :

Could you please provide any screenshot for more clarity.

Click "Accept as Solution" if my answer has helped, and remember to give "kudos" 🙂 ↓↓↓↓↓

Thanks and Regards,
Himanshu Tayal
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: 2020-06-22 11:16:10 - Error getting response; java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Name must not

ravinchdba_0-1592808196071.png

Highlighted
Community Leader

@ravinchdba :

Still it is not clear could you please attach screenshot of Headers too.

Click "Accept as Solution" if my answer has helped, and remember to give "kudos" 🙂 ↓↓↓↓↓

Thanks and Regards,
Himanshu Tayal
Highlighted
Community Hero

Hey @ravinchdba,

Just reiterating what Himanshu said.
I had a quick google of your error response and it looks like this response could be due to a number of points.
Could you please provide the full URL (URI + hostname name) of your POST request?

To comply with security concerns please change a couple of alpha chars in the servername (but dont use special chars) and dont provide the auth details. The issue has occurred before because an underscore character (or an unencoded space character) was used in a hostname, hence the reason im asking for hostname details.
We need to understand the payload youre posting as well as the full parameters your using (matrix, template/uri, header and query parms) on the POST request as well as the payload and headers of your response please.

Ta

Rich
if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements