Forum Discussion

kasabb
Occasional Visitor
13 years ago

soapUI .NET 2.0 Artifact

My task is to consume a service with a WCF in .NET that has been written in java. The people that wrote the service directed me to soapUI. We have established a test where I can connect to the service when I load the soapUI project. The problem is that i cannot connect to it if I use the proxy that I created in .NET by using the wsdl and schema information. I am now trying to use the .NET 2.0 Artifact option in soapUI but I cannot get to the service. The service is protected by usernametoken. The only difference I can see is that the regular service call has this information but I do not see a place for it when using the .NET 2.0 Artifact option.

Please help if you can.

1 Reply

ozbobwa
    Occasional Contributor

1 Getting the WSDL

if the WSDL is 'protected by username token', then best to use Postmans or CURL to create a request and download the WSDL file to a local folder. Then refer to that folder as the location of the WSDL not an internet URL.

2 Proxy

Refer to Stackoverflow to sort out WCF clients and Proxy settings.

3 Creating the client from SoapUI

https://www.soapui.org/soap-and-wsdl/soap-code-generation.html#_NET_2_0

says "specify the directory containing wsdl.exe in the SoapUI Tool Integrations settings" but does't explain how

Hint: Click on the "Tools" button in: 

Mine was in:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v10.0A\bin\NETFX 4.7.2 Tools\x64\

One hint: don't use sharetypes with the SoapUi wizard.

Final hint: don't use SmartBear, use Visual Studio to generate the Client.