Forum Discussion

ndimitru
Occasional Visitor
3 years ago

how to install soapui - this app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with

I get an error when trying to install  SoapUI-x64-5.6.0.exe.  The error is This app cant run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher. 

I dont see other versions, I have Windows and that is the version I downloaded. 

Help, please! 

1 Reply

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey ndimitru,

V5.6.0 runs on Windows 10 fine.

The error response youre getting is Windows operating system error, not a soapui error. The inference of this is that its a setting on you machine....it isnt a problem with soapui. So! This means trying to download an earlier version of soapui wont work. The error will happen if you try and install other software that tries writing to the windows registry also.

You need to check whether you have elevated privileges to be able to install software.
    There could be some Group Policy (via the domain) stopping you installing software. If thats the case theres nothing you can do.

However, the warning you got is typically launched due to User Account Control levels. Check the UAC control panel applet and alter the settings in there...either lowering the threshold or disable UAC entirely....this will result in the warning not generating, allowing you to install soapui fine.

Ta

Rich

Your