Forum Discussion

carlomarchesoni
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Transfer-encoding: chunked

I have a REST API with JSON. One of the attributes of the API resource is a string where I have to supply a base64 encoded byte array converted to string (POST request).

Starting my REST API (dotnet core API) in debug with a breakpoint works, but if I hit the API without debugging, SOAPUI throws HTTP 500: Transfer-encoding: chunked.

Changing Chunking Threshold in Preferenced does not help. Regardless if empty, 0, -1, 999999999 it always gives the same problem.

I am using SOAP UI 5.5.0

Thank you for your help

• carlomarchesoni 

Can you please supply the RAW details (URI submitted along with the payload) for the request?  Your error could be a bit of a red herring so would help if we knew what headers, and payload along with the URI you're submitting.

If you're worried about security, as long as you don't supply the hostname, nor the authentication/authorisation details then this would satisfy any security concerns.

Reason I'm asking for all details is cos I've seen this issue manifest due to incorrect headers as well as other instances of incorrect payload causing this response to generate.

ta

rich

2 Replies

richie
    Community Hero

carlomarchesoni 

Can you please supply the RAW details (URI submitted along with the payload) for the request?  Your error could be a bit of a red herring so would help if we knew what headers, and payload along with the URI you're submitting.

If you're worried about security, as long as you don't supply the hostname, nor the authentication/authorisation details then this would satisfy any security concerns.

Reason I'm asking for all details is cos I've seen this issue manifest due to incorrect headers as well as other instances of incorrect payload causing this response to generate.

ta

rich

carlomarchesoni
      New Contributor

Thank you for your help. It is strange, but now it works correctly. I probably had a wrong media type (now using application/json).

But it is solved now, many thanks again.

Maybe I should rather work with attachements for uploading PDF documents in future.