Forum Discussion

jonv
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Test Runner bat via Octopus Deploy

I'm using Octopus Deploy to run a SOAPUI smoketest at the end of an installation. Im using Test Runner bat to start the whole process via Powershell :

cmd.exe /C "C:\Program Files\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.2.1\bin\TestRunner.bat" -sUK1 "-Dsoapui.properties.UK1=C:\temp\[client]\SOAP\UK1-Quote-UK1.properties" "C:\temp\[client]\SOAP\UK1-Quote-Smoke-soapui-project.xml" >C:\temp\[client]\SOAP\SOAPlogging.txt

The log output is as follows :

------------

del %TEMP%\jfxrtpath
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%JFXRTPATH%

rem JVM parameters, modify as appropriate
set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms128m -Xmx1024m -Dsoapui.properties=soapui.properties "-Dsoapui.home=%SOAPUI_HOME%\"

if "%SOAPUI_HOME%\" == "" goto START
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dsoapui.ext.libraries="%SOAPUI_HOME%ext"
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dsoapui.ext.listeners="%SOAPUI_HOME%listeners"
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dsoapui.ext.actions="%SOAPUI_HOME%actions"

:START

rem ********* run soapui testcase runner ***********

More?

------------

However when run in Powershell directly, everything runs as expected, all tests pass, the output file is generated showing that everything has been successful.

I don't think this is a SOAPUI issue, but im hoping someone has seen the same issue and has a resolution.

Thanks

Jon

• SOAPUI was throwing up a UI screen about usage statistics that was preventing Octopus Deploy from continuing on running the TestRunner.bat.

The solution was :

Run Octopus Deploy tentacle manually

Execute the Octopus Deploy steps for TestRunner.bat, This displays the usage statistics screen, click OK

Start up SOAPUI, file > preferences > UI Settings, Disable usage statistics - Check. Click OK. 

The long term solution will be to save the preferences file and load it into TestRunner when the test is executing, but I haven't done this yet.

10 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Not really have any idea about Octopus.
    But soapui projects can be executed from command line using testrunner utility which you did already.

What happened? did it run or any errors?
      jonv
      Occasional Contributor

What im using to determine success at the moment is the output that I redirect to an output file.

When the run fails the output hangs with the following .,

rem ********* run soapui testcase runner ***********

More?

The "More?" makes me feel like its waiting for an input and therefore is hanging indefinitely until it gets the input.

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        Does the octopus generate any log for the executions?