Forum Discussion

mbryan829
New Contributor
8 years ago

Taking Multiple ID's From JSON To Populate Value of Next Rest Call

I am fairly new to SoapUI and have been tasked with using the load testing feature to measure two new web services' interactions.  The goal is to have SoapUI call the first web service first to get a list of all open work orders, which are denoted by a distinct workorder_id, presented in JSON format.

After I have captured the workorder_id, I would like SoapUI to iterate through the second web service, which displays much more details about each of these workorder_id's.  

My question is, is it possible to get the workorder_id from the first webservice, presented like this (JSON)

And have it populate the Value field in the next REST call here

I believe this will help me achieve the results I desire. So far, I have been unable to capture the workorder_id using Property Transfer, and was wondering if that's even the best way to go about it. Thank you for your assistance!

2 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Please provide sample data and mention which value needs to be extracted, so that the same can be used in the next step.
      mbryan829
      New Contributor

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, I get a JSON response from a REST Get.  In this JSON response are several blocks of JSON data that look like this

{
      "workorder_id": 2240256,
      "workorder_number": "BNSF-5934-0060",
      "workorder_reason": "FL",
      "workorder_status_code": "300",
      "workorder_location_id": 524,

}

I want to extract the "workorder_id" and use it to populate the "Value" field in the next GET request.

There are several blocks of JSON data that have unique workorder_id's. I would like to take each one of these ID's and iterate through the second GET using these.  

Please let me know if this is still not clear enough.  Thanks!