Forum Discussion

Gunnar
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

SoapUI doesn't update changes in TestCase to the Monitor API (AlertSite)

Hi,

First, I'm not sure if this post should be here or on the AlertSite board. Hopefully I'm on the right place.

I'm trying out AlertSite and uploaded one of my SoapUI TestCases to the Monitor API option. I'm not sure what to do when changing my TestCase/TestStep. AlertSite keeps monitoring my old TestCases and returns the same errors. There doesn't appear to be any update option inside the Monitor API window inside SoapUI either.

Do I need to delete my monitor and add a new one each time I update my TestCase inside SoapUI?

Regards,

Gunnar

• Hi Gunnar,

When you create an API monitor in AlertSite, it uploads a copy of your SoapUI project to AlertSite servers, so that the TestCase can run remotely. You'll need to reupload your SoapUI project to AlertSite for your TestCase changes to take effect in AlertSite.

From Ready! API or SoapUI:
    In the AlertSite Connector, add a monitor again but select an existing monitor name from the list. This will update the monitor configuration in AlertSite.

replace-testcase.png

From AlertSite:

1. Export (zip) your SoapUI project: Right-click it in the Navigator and select Export.
    2. In AlertSite, edit your API monitor, then click Upload Project (or Manage API Project > Upload Project if you use the classic interface) and upload your SoapUI project.

upload-project.png

There's some more info about Managing SoapUI Projects in AlertSite documentation.

Hope this helps!

2 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Gunnar,

When you create an API monitor in AlertSite, it uploads a copy of your SoapUI project to AlertSite servers, so that the TestCase can run remotely. You'll need to reupload your SoapUI project to AlertSite for your TestCase changes to take effect in AlertSite.

From Ready! API or SoapUI:
    In the AlertSite Connector, add a monitor again but select an existing monitor name from the list. This will update the monitor configuration in AlertSite.

replace-testcase.png

From AlertSite:

1. Export (zip) your SoapUI project: Right-click it in the Navigator and select Export.
    2. In AlertSite, edit your API monitor, then click Upload Project (or Manage API Project > Upload Project if you use the classic interface) and upload your SoapUI project.

upload-project.png

There's some more info about Managing SoapUI Projects in AlertSite documentation.

Hope this helps!

Gunnar
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Helen

That helped. Adding a new API Monitor, but using the name of the old one worked like a charm. That's what I was looking for.

I did try to upload my SoapUI project to AlertSite like you talk about. AS showed my TestSuit and TestCases, but pressing the "Create" button didn't do anything, no errors either. It doesn't matter since I can do it more easy inside SoapUI.

Thanks,

Gunnar