Forum Discussion

PrashantSetia
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

Soap Projects not getting imported and are disabled.

While importing project in workspace, I am not able to do it and there is red cross icon with project. Getting below error while importing project:

Mon Nov 03 13:15:39 IST 2014:ERROR:com.eviware.soapui.support.SoapUIException: Failed to load project from file [file:/D:/Prashant/xx/PRashant/SOAP%20UI%20projects/soapui-project.xml]
com.eviware.soapui.support.SoapUIException: Failed to load project from file [file:/D:/Prashant/EPayments/PRashant/SOAP%20UI%20projects/soapui-project.xml]
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProjectPro.loadProject(SourceFile:321)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProject.<init>(WsdlProject.java:220)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProject.<init>(WsdlProject.java:201)

Please find attached notepad for complete exception. Please help on it.

P.S: I just made some location changes for my projects on my local.

8 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Error says it is unable to load the project. Check if the project is correct or try it on other computer or something.

I just made some location changes for my projects on my local.
    - what do you mean?
    PrashantSetia
    Occasional Contributor
    nmrao wrote:
    Error says it is unable to load the project. Check if the project is correct or try it on other computer or something.

I just made some location changes for my projects on my local.
    - what do you mean?

I just moved my project from one directory to another.
    PaulDonny
    Regular Contributor
    Is it still located at D:/Prashant/xx/PRashant/SOAP UI projects/soapui-project.xml?
    PrashantSetia
    Occasional Contributor
    PaulM wrote:
    Is it still located at D:/Prashant/xx/PRashant/SOAP UI projects/soapui-project.xml?

yes it is still at same location and still giving same error
    PrashantSetia
    Occasional Contributor
    PaulM wrote:

I see there are few other posts with same below error I'm getting while loading project and were told by SoapUI guys that it is an issue with Soap UI.

Caused by: org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.io.IllegalCharException: Illegal XML character: 0x0
    at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.UTF8XMLDecoder.decode(UTF8XMLDecoder.java:196)
    at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.XMLStreamReader$FastStreamDecoder.read(XMLStreamReader.java:762)

Please see to below references and help me, It's all null in project xml files

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1492&hilit=impl.piccolo.io.IllegalCharException%3A+Illegal+XML+character%3A+0x0
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1885&hilit=impl.piccolo.io.IllegalCharException%3A+Illegal+XML+character%3A+0x0
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20775&hilit=impl.piccolo.io.IllegalCharException%3A+Illegal+XML+character%3A+0x0
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1885&hilit=impl.piccolo.io.IllegalCharException%3A+Illegal+XML+character%3A+0x0
    nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Directory name has spaces, would you give a try without spaces, just to avoid that as a reason?
      avinashsh
      Occasional Visitor

I am also facing the same issue. I was using soapUI 5.1.2 with different version of soapUI project (3.5.1, 5.1.2) and it was working. When I opened soapUI today I am not able to import the soapUI projects. I installed 5.2.1 version and even restarted the machine but still facing an issue. When I opened the xml file I see all nulls for the projects which I am not able to import. I am able to import projects correctly which does not have NULL. I changed java home from 1.6 to 1.7 hoping it would make a difference but it did not.

I have also tried the following JVM argument solution given another post and it's not working.

-Dfile.encoding=UTF8
      "bin\soapui.bat", "bin\soapUI-Pro-4.5.1.vmoptions"

Seems like this issue is all because of the corrupted file. It would be good to know how xml project file got corrupted. Is it soapUI related issue or the unknown reason of corrupted file which has all NULL data.

axel

Interesting: I got the same error with our installation. SoapUI stopped working because it could not connect to the license server. According to the logs, our SoapUI floating license is expired. However it is supposed to be valid thru 5-2017. My attempt to re-import the license into Protection LS management console fails, because the license storage icon is greyed out.

What is broken?