Forum Discussion

JVisconti
Regular Visitor
5 years ago
Solved

SOAP UI Assertions

Hello,

I have a TestSuite set up in SoapUI 5.5.0, and in my Rest Request, I have an assertion to look at the result of an API call. What I'm looking to do, is use either a Contains or Not Contains Assertion to know when I get back either a Not Found string if I use the Contains Assertion or an @ if I use the Not Contains Assertion.

Both assertions are working, but when I'm iterating through several hundred api calls in a load test, I was trying to see which calls came back with a Not Found response in a report, or some view so that I could get some metrics on the load test. 

If there is additional info needed to help answer this, I'm more than willing to provide it.

Thank You,

Jon

• Hi JVisconti ,

Don't use contains or Not Contains assertion as it checks the whole response.

You can either use script assertion in which you can define all your validation points and it will check particular node value.

1 Reply

• Hi JVisconti ,

Don't use contains or Not Contains assertion as it checks the whole response.

You can either use script assertion in which you can define all your validation points and it will check particular node value.