Forum Discussion

JHunt
Community Hero
7 years ago

Running a MockService without an interactive user -- and allowing it to update itself?

Hi,

I have a MockService that will, when invoked as part of its normal operation, add some MockResponses to its MockOperations. If I leave the MockService running unattended in Windows, eventually the user is automatically logged out, and the SoapUI project isn't saved, so those MockResponses are lost. I presume I can fix that in the short term by just saving the project each time I generate a MockResponse.

project.save()

In the medium term, I want to get my MockService running as a Windows Service, so that it runs without an interactive user. What would be an example of a command to start a MockService, that could be run as a Windows Service?

Your answer could be one that allows the MockService to carry on adding MockResponses into its MockOperations, and saving the project. But I'm picking that that is going to be harder or impossible without an interactive user. While the easier option is to stop saving the MockResponses into the project file, and instead start writing them directly to disk, removing the need for the MockService to modify its own MockResponses. And that's fine too.

Regards

JHunt

No RepliesBe the first to reply