Forum Discussion

kamatchipriya
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Run Soap UI prompt from command prompt

Hi,

I am using soap ui version 5.2.0. i am selecting my project environment from soap ui prompt. but i need to run my project from command prompt. how do i show up the popup from command prompt. could pls give some suggestions?

• Thank You. i found solution for this.  i am running my environment variable by setting as a global property and get it from command prompt using -P. 

• Feel free to mark accepted as solution, so others can find the answer easily when searching later kamatchipriya. :)

13 Replies

kamatchipriya
      Occasional Contributor

i mean i want to show soapui prompt environmental variables in command prompt. i am setting environment variables in my project. i need to choose when i run my project from command prompt...

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        Sorry, could not get it.
    05ten
    Contributor
    Please show us what you are running so that we can better understand what you need help with.
      kamatchipriya
      Occasional Contributor

I want to choose my environment like dev or local from command prompt...how do i choose it when running my soapui project from command line? i am using soapui free version. 

05ten
        Contributor

From the picture you posted i can see that you are creating the dialog yourself from a Groovy script to toggle environments yourself, which is fine. What i would do if i wanted to run the script in a headless environment is to first wrap the

UISupport.showPopup(...)

With a isHeadless() test. 

def environment = '';
        if(UISupport.isHeadless()){
            def environment = project.getPropertyValue("my.environment.prop") ?: "defaultEnvironment" }else{     UISupport.showPopup(...) //select environment in gui }

And specify the environment right at the commandline using -Pmy.environment.prop=devLocal

Does that help? 

05ten
    Contributor
    Also you should save the result of the prompt in the environment variable.
    05ten
    Contributor
    Feel free to mark accepted as solution, so others can find the answer easily when searching later kamatchipriya. :)