Forum Discussion

iattkhan
New Contributor
7 years ago

Rest testing in open source

Hi,

i am new in SoapUI and tried to test my rest project request (all Json format) and each time I tried getting failure. I am getting following errors, Unsupported, 404, 401 etc. Is some one can guide me through how I can test my json request in open source.

thanks in advance

4 Replies

• without seeing what you are doing it is hard to say how to help. If you can reply with a sample or a screenshot then we might have something to work with.

iattkhan
    New Contributor

Thanks bagochips for the quick reply, my project has a post method only and there is no xml only JSON, So what i did watch a video and run some public REST API test and getting an error as i mentioned before. I am not even creating a test request for my project. I am just testing free available REST API  and follow the direction, even watch video but no luck.

thanks

avidCoder
      Super Contributor

Hey, try using correct REST request and URI. The above error code depicts that you are not using correct request or the URL is malformed or the resource doesn't exist anymore. It is not being used now.

iattkhan
    New Contributor

Thanks Guys, I found the problem, Server was excepting custom JSON response not legacy JSON request. Thanks for your help.