Forum Discussion

gurpreets
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

Re: TestRunner - Unable To avoid running Disabled Step

Hi,

I am trying to run my TestSuite using TestRunner tool from command line using command ""

My one of the TestCase has a couple of disabled TestSteps which I want to avoid running. Hence I have disabled them.

But when I run the TestCase using TestRunner as mentioned above, all the TestSteps get executed. Which causes my Test to fail.

Shouldn't the disabled testcases be exempted from running. Please let me know if there is away we can achieve the same. 

Note:
I cannot remove the disabled teststep from my testcase as it is a very important part of it.

Thanks
Gurpreet

6 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

Would it be possible for you to share your project so that we can try to reproduce this? Either by attaching the project file here or by sending it to us at support@eviware.com. Thank you.

Regards,
    Dain
    eviware.com
    gurpreets
    Occasional Contributor
    It will not be possible for me to attach my project file here as of now..
    Can you please try the same on any of the projects that you might have in your workspace.

Just disable few steps and try running the project using TestRunner. You will notice that the disables step also gets executed.

Please let me know if you donot observed the above mentioned behavior.

thanks
    Gurpreet
    SmartBear_Suppo
    I have tried to reproduce this, and my disabled TestSteps do not get executed using the command line runner. What version of soapUI are you running?

Regards,
    Dain
    eviware.com
    gurpreets
    Occasional Contributor
    I am running SOAPUI 3.0. Let me make it more precise

I have following structure..

- TestSuite1 (disabled)
    - TestCase1
    - TestSuite2 (enabled)
    - TestCase 2

when project is run, testsuite1 get executed too... and I get reports generated for it..

Thanks
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

Could you please supply exact command, with all the arguments specified, that you are trying to run from command line? Maybe that could help us in reproducing the issue.

Regards,

/Dragica
    eviware.com