Forum Discussion

15 years ago

Re: How To Correlate different Web Service activities?

Hi,

I currently have 2 services. Service A is exposed to the client to accept the client request and publish to a queue and then sends a "success" back to client for successful publication of the request message. Service B picks up the message from the queue and processes the message. Because of the publish-subscribe pattern on this particular request, I cannot correlate message X through the call of Service A and then into Service B.

I created a test case from the WSDL of Service A and test it by sending request message X. I get back a "success" from Service A for publishing the message to the queue. However, I lose the information from when the message X was published to the queue to when Service B picks it up. Is there a way on SoapUI where I can somehow follow message X through Service A and B? Please advise!

1 Reply

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

I'm not quite sure I follow you. If you submit something to Service A that changes the state of Service B, can you not just send a request to Service B to assert this new state? What is this information that is lost to you?

Regards,
    Dain
    eviware.com