Forum Discussion

LeeD
Visitor
9 years ago

REST Request Editor won't open, get IndexOutOfBoundsException in error log

I'm pretty new to using SOAPUI 5.1.3 for creating test suites but I have a couple of requests and a couple of tests for each request in my project. 

Everything was working great, until I made a copy of my REST-Project-1-soapui-project.xml and tried to find/replace the hostname and port with a different one and then opened that REST-Project-1-soapui-project-SharedServer.xml.  I don't recall exactly what the problem was, but it didn't work.

Now when I open my original project xml the REST Request Editor won't open anywhere (not in the requests at the top, and not in the REST test steps in the tests.

When I try to run one of the tests the REST request (the first step in each test) fails with;

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 15, Size: 15

I can add a new request to this project using the same URL as the "broken" ones and it works fine.  But there's a lot of work involved to set up all the template and query parameters so I would rather not start all over from scratch if there's some way to fix this.

I'll try to attach the project xml file and the error log with the exceptions.  Thanks in advance for any help!

Lee

2 Replies

• I am getting the same error with very similar circumstances,using SoapUI NG. I am on version 1.3.1 of Ready API. This error renders the tool almost useless.  I get it for about 80% of the requests that I have saved.

ajankowski
    New Contributor

Hi,

I experience the same issue using SoapUI Open Source 5.3.0

When I'm trying to show request editor I'm getting IndexOutOfBoundsException

Tue Oct 10 09:27:17 CEST 2017:ERROR:java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 11, Size: 11
       java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 11, Size: 11
           at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
           at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
           at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.support.RestRequestParamsPropertyHolder.getPropertyAt(RestRequestParamsPropertyHolder.java:208)
           at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.support.RestUtils.makeMatrixParameterString(RestUtils.java:242)
           at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.support.RestUtils.makeSuffixParameterString(RestUtils.java:236)
           at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.panels.request.ParametersField.<init>(ParametersField.java:65)
           at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.panels.request.RestRequestDesktopPanel.initializeFields(RestRequestDesktopPanel.java:54)
           at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.panels.AbstractHttpRequestDesktopPanel.init(AbstractHttpRequestDesktopPanel.java:165)
           at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.panels.request.RestRequestDesktopPanel.init(RestRequestDesktopPanel.java:62)
           at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.panels.request.RestRequestDesktopPanel.init(RestRequestDesktopPanel.java:36)
           at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.panels.AbstractHttpRequestDesktopPanel.<init>(AbstractHttpRequestDesktopPanel.java:128)
           at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.panels.AbstractHttpXmlRequestDesktopPanel.<init>(AbstractHttpXmlRequestDesktopPanel.java:46)
           at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.panels.request.AbstractRestRequestDesktopPanel.<init>(AbstractRestRequestDesktopPanel.java:61)
           at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.panels.request.RestRequestDesktopPanel.<init>(RestRequestDesktopPanel.java:45)
           at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.panels.request.RestRequestPanelBuilder.buildDesktopPanel(RestRequestPanelBuilder.java:38)
           at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.panels.request.RestRequestPanelBuilder.buildDesktopPanel(RestRequestPanelBuilder.java:33)
           at com.eviware.soapui.ui.desktop.standalone.StandaloneDesktop.showDesktopPanel(StandaloneDesktop.java:197)
           at com.eviware.soapui.support.UISupport.showDesktopPanel(UISupport.java:557)
           at com.eviware.soapui.support.UISupport.selectAndShow(UISupport.java:546)
           at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.actions.support.ShowDesktopPanelAction.perform(ShowDesktopPanelAction.java:49)
           at com.eviware.soapui.support.action.swing.SwingActionDelegate.actionPerformed(SwingActionDelegate.java:93)
           at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
           at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
           at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
           at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
           at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
           at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
           at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
           at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
           at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
           at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
           at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
           at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
           at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) 

The only workaround for this case (very annoying indeed) is to re-import Swagger.

Is any solution known for this ?

Best regards,

Adam Jankowski