Forum Discussion

jvanpoppel
New Contributor
10 years ago

REST Oauth2.0

Hi,

I'm using SoapUI 5.0 Community and trying to use Oauth 2.0 authentication. The documentation is not very clear on what to use as callback URL. Normally in a webapplication I would set this to an actual callback location within my app, but since SoapUI is not a webapp i'm not sure what to use.
I've tried several things, but all the time i get the ' soapui browser' popup saying page not found or being greyed out.

Additionally, is there any way to see the actual request that soapui is sending out, that could help me in debugging above problem.

Hope one can help me with this issue
Cheers,
Joris

3 Replies

• Hi,

Please check the HTTP log in SoapUI as well as the .log files located in <SoapUI install>\bin directory and Applications/Soapui-<version>.app/Contents/ if your using a Mac. I'm not sure what the call back URL is you need to use, as we do not have a direct option for that in the Oauth dialog or maybe it is named something else. Please give more description of what is used for in your application.
    jvanpoppel
    New Contributor
    Hi,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunatelly the http log stays empty and the soapui.log only contains some general info:
    2014-07-08 10:16:32,093 INFO [DefaultSoapUICore] initialized soapui-settings from [C:\Users\jvanpoppel\soapui-settings.xml]
    2014-07-08 10:16:32,749 INFO [WorkspaceImpl] Loading workspace from [C:\Users\jvanpoppel\default-soapui-workspace.xml]
    2014-07-08 10:16:32,796 INFO [WsdlProject] Loaded project from [file:/C:/Users/jvanpoppel/Documents/soapui/REST-Project-1-soapui-project.xml]
    2014-07-08 10:16:33,085 INFO [SoapUI] Used java version: 1.7.0_40

I've tried setting the log level to debug, but nothing happens?

Do you have a clear example (screenshot) of how one would set the oauth 'gettoken' settings for ie. facebook or google api. Maybe based on those examples i can figure out what to do.

Thanks,
    Joris
      abhayrnc

Has anyone been able to figure out the callback URL for OAUTH2.0 or we are good in using Postman >