Forum Discussion

moreme
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

REST MockService and can't see request

I have the most frustrating problem with my REST Mockservice.  I've been testing fine as a client using my soapUI REST project.  I created a REST Mockservice from my project expecting it to work as easily as my SOAP Mockservices.

My REST Mockservice runs fine, I call it fine from my client and it shows it received a call by a line in the Log.  Yet when I doubleclick on that line in the Log, expecting a dialog to show up with the request so I can see what exactly was received, nothing happens.  No dialog pops up, nothing.  I can click on that line till I'm blue in the face (and any other lines for other requests I've sent) and see absolutely nothing.

Any ideas why?

11 Replies

moreme
    Occasional Contributor

Just a bump as this is pretty annoying and basic to MockService.  If I can't see the message it's pretty worthless.

nmrao
      Champion Level 3
      The topic head says, "Can't see request". You attached screen shot, which does not help to understand the problem because that is neither in aligned with the problem summary nor helps to understand better.
        moreme
        Occasional Contributor

I don't know how I can show a screenshot of behavior that I can't do. 

Basically if I click on that request on the mockservice ("2016-02-29 11:30:06.922: {/jts/oauth-request-token] 0ms") nothing happens.  If it's supposed to be like the SOAP mockservice then a dialog should pop up showing me the request data and response data.

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

It would be more helpful if you can provide details such as what type of dispatch are you using and sample code that you problem with etc.

By the way, you can log the request recieved using below code snippet

log.info mockRequest.requestContent

moreme
      Occasional Contributor

I am dispatching the request over HTTP using middleware.  I can see both the request and reply fine using tools like tcpmon, so no idea why I am not able to view the request in the mock service.

I am not using any code at all (like groovy).  It's all very simple which is why I'm surprised it's not working.

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        Ok. There are 4 or 5 dispatch methods, which one?
        Is it possible to share the sample project / screenshot/reproducible steps? That will help to understand better.