Forum Discussion

dmatthews
New Contributor
4 years ago

Problem transfering XML node to testCase property

I am trying to transfer an XML node to a property on the TestCase so that I can embed the node as a variable in another message later on.  The Xpath I am using does resolve properly when I use Oxygen XML.  

Any ideas on why I am getting an error about Whitespace missing would be appreciated as I'm not sure what attribute it is talking about.

4 Replies

dmatthews
      New Contributor

Thanks Rich, we don't have any elements that have more than one attribute.  If it requires an additional space between the end of the attribute and the closing tag, that this is a no go, as a standard XML file is about 800 lines long and would require adding the additional spaced to dozens of files.

I will see if I can find a smaller file to test with and add the additional space after the attribute.

Thanks

Dean

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Use test case level custom property and refer the same the test case where ever it is needed.
      dmatthews
      New Contributor

We aren't able to do that.

We are wanting to using SoapUI as a tool to aid the developers with their work, by acting as a destination service.  The developer's system sends a message to a destination service (SoapUI), which then pulls some of the information out of the source message and returns it as part of the larger destination message that is sent back to the source.