Forum Discussion

aakashjain8693
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago

Microsoft SQL Server 2014 jdbc connection with soap UI

Hi Team,

I am new member of the smartbear and existing user of API testing(Postman).

Basically I am trying to connect Microsoft SQL Server 2014 jdbc connection with soap UI, Could you please guide who I can proceed.

What gonna be driver value? Can I have direct link?

what gonna be Connection string?

I tried with few docs and previous tickets but still have doubts.

And observed My system does not have smart bear folder in c drive, Any reason?

I can download soapui as .exe file then how I can put driver jar file in bin folder?

And please find below the my database details so that easy to guide on database connection.

Thanks!!

cc's richie 

3 Replies

richie
      Community Hero

Hey aakashjain8693 

with SQL Server you need to determine the method of authentication the database is using - cos your setup depends on this.

re: the auth - is it windows auth?  mixed mode?  sql only?  how to setup depends on this, so you need to find out how you login into your database first.

Next - you need to download the appropriate .jar driver files for SQL Server 2014 - if you google "jdbc driver .jar downloads for MS SQL Server 2014" you should find the right driver .jar file.

Next you need to ensure you have the correct java installed to run your .jar files.  Do a bit of googling to see what version of java is supported by SQL Server 2014.

At this point you need to check - sorry I use ReadyAPI! not SoapUI normally - I think you can get both 32bit and 64bit SoapUI, right? 

is your SoapUI 32bit or 64bit?  (you need to download the correct bit type java - if youre running 32bit SoapUI you cant use 64bit Java - it all needs to be the same - either 64bit OR 32bit - no mixing)

copy the driver .jar file to C:\Program Files\Smartbear\SoapUI-5.6.0\bin\ext

Smartbear removed the JDBC config functionality a while back - so you need to edit the config on your JDBC test steps themselves

your jdbc connection string can change depending on your setup - e.g

windows auth

jdbc:sqlserver://PC01\inst01;databaseName=DB01;integratedSecurity=true

sql auth

jdbc:sqlserver://PC01\inst01;databaseName=DB01

so you need a little trial and error to sort this out

use the above along with the link that HimanshuTayal  added to configure your connection within your JDBC test step. (drivername, etc.)

give the above a shot and come back with any further questions

cheers,

rich

aakashjain8693
        Occasional Contributor

Thanks HimanshuTayal richie I was able to connect it.

I do lots of stuff with Postman but issue with that postman cant connect directly with DB hence now we will move with soapUI and then going forward Pro version.

As of now need help to automate the process what we are looking for

.Run the db step and get the response in one variable

Run the api step and get the response in another variable

To run api step, I need to get token from Post request, Again how I can extract value from there and put into my original api request

Now verify them through script

Looking forward

Any possible scenario