Ask a Question

JDBC Request step failing from maven

tobbe76
New Contributor

JDBC Request step failing from maven

I am using a JDBC request step to enter some data into the database. My tests work perfectly from within soapUI, but when I run them with the maven-plugin i get a ClassCastException:

ERROR [errorlog] com.eviware.soapui.support.SoapUIException: Failed to init connection for drvr [com.mysql.jdbc.Driver], connectionString [jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/elp_run?createDatabaseIfNotExist=true&user=root&password=root]
com.eviware.soapui.support.SoapUIException: Failed to init connection for drvr [com.mysql.jdbc.Driver], connectionString [jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/elp_run?createDatabaseIfNotExist=true&user=root&password=root]
at com.eviware.soapui.support.jdbc.JdbcUtils.initConnection(JdbcUtils.java:60)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.JdbcSubmit.getDatabaseConnection(JdbcSubmit.java:221)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.JdbcSubmit.prepare(JdbcSubmit.java:264)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.JdbcSubmit.runQuery(JdbcSubmit.java:195)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.JdbcSubmit.run(JdbcSubmit.java:160)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.JdbcSubmit.<init>(JdbcSubmit.java:74)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.JdbcRequest.submit(JdbcRequest.java:136)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.JdbcRequestTestStep.run(JdbcRequestTestStep.java:179)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestCaseRunner.runTestStep(WsdlTestCaseRunner.java:207)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestCaseRunner.internalRun(WsdlTestCaseRunner.java:138)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestCaseRunner.internalRun(WsdlTestCaseRunner.java:39)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestRunner.run(AbstractTestRunner.java:139)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
2011-03-03 14:48:12,568 ERROR [AbstractTestRunner] Exception during Test Execution
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.eviware.soapui.config.impl.TestStepConfigImpl cannot be cast to com.eviware.soapui.config.JdbcRequestTestStepConfig
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.JdbcRequest.getRequestContent(JdbcRequest.java:103)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.JdbcRequestTestStep.run(JdbcRequestTestStep.java:231)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestCaseRunner.runTestStep(WsdlTestCaseRunner.java:207)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestCaseRunner.internalRun(WsdlTestCaseRunner.java:138)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestCaseRunner.internalRun(WsdlTestCaseRunner.java:39)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestRunner.run(AbstractTestRunner.java:139)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Any ideas?

/Tobias
5 REPLIES 5
Bjerre
Not applicable

Re: JDBC Request step failing from maven

Sounds like the appropriate database drivers are not loaded. Try adding the relevant .jar files to the path for the maven-plugin.

Best regards,
Jakob Bjerre Jensen
Cryptomathic A/S
DMcCabe
Contributor

I'm experiencing a similar problem when running my tests via maven, (they work fine from the UI) I get the following Exception :

10:13:01,735 ERROR [SoapUI] An error occured [Failed to init connection for drvr [com.mysql.jdbc.Driver], connectionString [jdbc:mysql://vhostname/db_name?user=user&password=password]], see error log for details
com.eviware.soapui.support.SoapUIException: Failed to init connection for drvr [com.mysql.jdbc.Driver], connectionString [jdbc:mysql://jdbc:mysql://vhostname/db_name?user=user&password=password]

the error log only contains the following :

2013-07-23 10:05:10,990 ERROR [errorlog] java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
at java.sql.DriverManager.getDriver(DriverManager.java:289)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.jdbc.JdbcUtils.initConnection(JdbcUtils.java:52)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.JdbcSubmit.getDatabaseConnection(JdbcSubmit.java:218)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.JdbcSubmit.prepare(JdbcSubmit.java:261)

the correct version of the plugin was added to ~/.m2/repository but it doesn't seem to get picked up

it was mentioned to copy the .jar file of the mysql connector to the path for the maven plugin, but I don't understand what that means in this context, any suggestions please?
redfish4ktc2
Super Contributor

Answer given directly by @DMcCabe, see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20515#p46331
As described in the documentation (see http://www.soapui.org/Test-Automation/m ... ll-example), add your jdbc dependency to the soapui plugin
zqx031
New Contributor

see the error:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.oracle.jdbc.Driver

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">
<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
<groupId>com.xxx.dsd</groupId>
<artifactId>eAPI-Tests</artifactId>
<version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
<name>eAPI-Test</name>
<description>A project to test eAPIS</description>
<build>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<groupId>com.smartbear.soapui</groupId>
<artifactId>soapui-pro-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>5.1.1</version>
<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.oracle</groupId>
<artifactId>ojdbc</artifactId>
<version>11.1.0.6.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.reflections</groupId>
<artifactId>reflections</artifactId>
<version>0.9.9-RC1</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.poi</groupId>
<artifactId>poi-ooxml</artifactId>
<version>3.10-FINAL</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
<configuration>
<tool>wsi,axis1,axis2</tool>
<projectFile>src/test/resources</projectFile>
<junitReport>true</junitReport>
<outputFolder>target/reports</outputFolder>
<testSuite>SureSwipeTSuite</testSuite>
<settingsFile>eAPI-Tests/soapui-settings.xml</settingsFile>

</configuration>
<executions>
<execution>
<phase>test</phase>
<goals>
<goal>test</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</build>
</project>

Thsis is my POM and it seems to fail eventhough I  gave the ODBC jar as a plugin dependency and the jar is downlaoded . I also checked the jar file has the required class.

rupert_anderson
Valued Contributor

Hi,

It sounds like you only need to add your DB driver jar to the external libraries (ext folder) that Maven expects. Did you see a message like this at the maven script is run:

16:28:15,343 WARN [SoapUI] Missing folder [.../ext] for external libraries

?

If so either add the db driver jar file to this location or alternatively specify the location of the 'ext' folder (containing the db driver jar) with the following parameter:

mvn integration-test "-Dsoapui.ext.libraries=src/test/resources"

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Rupert

Author of SoapUI Cookbook
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: