Ask a Question

Generate XML automatically

Shamo
New Contributor

Generate XML automatically

Hi,

i have a Problem with preferences/Options (probably).

when i am creating a new request, it creates automaticaly XML Format from wsdl. But not it does not function. It Shows me just:

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
   <soapenv:Header/>
   <soapenv:Body/>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Now i dont know which Option should i Change that it generates me XML when i create new request.

Thanks in advance !!!

Shamo

5 REPLIES 5
KarelHusa
Regular Contributor

Dear @Shamo,

you can check the following options in SoapUI preferences (File->Preferences):

genxml2017-03-21_092652.jpg

Karel

Hi @KarelHusa

Thanks for your Feedback. i already check These preferences but it did not generate XML automatically.

Seee attached Screen shot.

soapui_02.jpg

Thanks a lot for your help !!!!

Best Shamo

nmrao
Community Hero

What @KarelHusa suggested is example values gets created when a new request test step is created. Looks you haven't created a test suite -> test case -> test step.

And you may also want to check with your wsdl / service provider for the same.

Regards,
Rao.
Shamo
New Contributor

Hi Rao,

thanks for Feedback.

I already tested also with test case. but it does not generate XML Format. (I can see WSDL Content ).

What do you meen "you may also want to check with your wsdl / service provider for the same" ? Is there any preferences or Options which i should Change?

Please also see Screen shots.

soapui_04.jpg

Regards  Shamo

nmrao
Community Hero

While adding request step to test case, a dialog pops-up, where there is once check box "Create optional elements", please mark this checked and see.

If that does not help, may be some issue with wsdl/xsd, so that is the reason why requested to contact the people who provided you wsdl or service provide of the same. I believe that this time you may not needed that if the above tip works.

Regards,
Rao.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: